NEW CHANGE TO VOLUNTEER PROCESS
In order to be in compliance with new Utah State Law, our Jordan District Volunteer Policy has been updated. Please note the following updated volunteer approval process, effective immediately:
- Parents, or anyone, wishing to volunteer in class or on field trips will now be asked to watch a 29-minute Code of Conduct video from home, then sign a Code of Conduct Signature Form verifying that they have watched it.
- Prospective volunteers may then bring the signed Code of Conduct Signature Form with them to the school to fill out a Volunteer Background Check Form(this is a new form; the district will no longer accept the old one) and have it signed by the principal.
- The last step is to take the signed Volunteer Background Check Form to the Jordan District Offices and have fingerprints taken. There is NO CHARGE to applicants for this.
- When Background Checks are complete, an approval will be sent to us to keep on file, and the applicant may then volunteer at school or on field trips.
- Volunteer Background Check Forms will need to be submitted EVERY YEAR. Fingerprinting only needs to be completed ONCE.
We LOVE our volunteers! You do so much for our school - THANK YOU!!! Thank you for supporting us as we make this shift here at Rosamond, and THANK YOU for helping to keep our students safe.